• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

Scribe

Legend
So I can manage my expectations...what laptop are you running and what the graphics settings?

(only if you have the time, I'm heading to work.)
Pretty sure it all defaulted to medium, I'll confirm when I'm home.

8gb ram
geforce 1650ti
resolution 1920x1080
overall preset medium

I havent bothered trying to tweak or improve things, just a default install.

Its slow lol :D

Last edited:

Ondath

Hero
Pretty sure it all defaulted to medium, I'll confirm when I'm home.

8gb ram
geforce 1650ti
resolution 1920x1080
overall preset medium

I havent bothered trying to tweak or improve things, just a default install.

Its slow lol :D
What's your processor? We have the same graphics card, and I was able to run Act 1 and 2 with pretty high settings. Though with Act 3, I'm also down to Medium...

The one fix I'd really, really like for this game is that when I cast Hex, the options would all be laid out in the same order every time rather than seemingly being randomised, so that I'd just know which one to click for Strength and move on.
They claim to have fixed that in the patch.

And so far, every time I've cast or recast it, STR has been the 5th one.

I have no idea why it's not the 1st or 6th one, given it's the first stat, and pretty much the only thing it makes sense to Hex (except very rarely DEX for people with DEX/Acrobatics defenses who you intend to shove/throw). I also don't know why it doesn't just default to the same one, saving me a click, when I redeploy Hex, but perhaps at a later date. Honestly I'm considering looking for a mod that makes Hex always target STR and never ask me.

MarkB

Legend
They claim to have fixed that in the patch.

I have no idea why it's not the 1st or 6th one, given it's the first stat, and pretty much the only thing it makes sense to Hex (except very rarely DEX for people with DEX/Acrobatics defenses who you intend to shove/throw). I also don't know why it doesn't just default to the same one, saving me a click, when I redeploy Hex, but perhaps at a later date. Honestly I'm considering looking for a mod that makes Hex always target STR and never ask me.
Interesting. Maybe they did fix it, and I've just been assuming it's still random because it's in such a stupid order. I'll have to check next time I play.

I have no idea why it's not the 1st or 6th one, given it's the first stat,
If I had to guess, it's probably sorted alphabetically: CHA, CON, DEX, INT, STR, WIS

A customized sorting order wouldn't be hard to put together, but if the concern was just to get it to display consistently rather than in the "correct" order, letting the sort default to alphabetical would have been the quickest to implement.

Ondath

Hero
If I had to guess, it's probably sorted alphabetically: CHA, CON, DEX, INT, STR, WIS

A customized sorting order wouldn't be hard to put together, but if the concern was just to get it to display consistently rather than in the "correct" order, letting the sort default to alphabetical would have been the quickest to implement.
That actually makes sense! The funny thing is that the Turkish translation keeps the same order, but the alphabetic order in Turkish would obviously be different, so it made no sense to me the first time I saw it.

Andvari

Hero
Heh, another buggy sequence. My character woke up next to two of my companions fighting. I help one and they get to their feet, weapons drawn. The cutscene ends and I'm at the other end of the camp. Running into the area, one of them is just standing in their usual spot. Wondering what's going on, I start a dialogue and can ask "Was it really necessary to kill X?"

Tried reloading a couple of times, but no luck getting to see what happened.

Edit: Hahahaha, the "slain" character is also still in the camp, acting as if she killed the other.

Remove ads