• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Are people still playing Pathfinder 1e?

Thomas Shey

Legend
I got through MM, but it wasnt easy. I had it made for about a decade. We blasted through probably 75% of the first era APs. Playing 2X a month took us about 2 years an AP. Covid cleaved my group apart and I haven't completed one since. 😢
That's about how long our two PF2e full 20th level campaigns have taken, too.

Green Onceler

Explorer
. Covid cleaved my group apart and I haven't completed one since. 😢
Covid also destroyed our Runelords game halfway through The Hook Mountain Massacre. Still bitter :D

Since then we've just been playing the old 32 page modules, which has been a lot of fun. However, I am now wanting to run something on a grander scale.

Schmoe

Adventurer
I'm very jealous of people running the APs. I run 3.5, but I'd love to have a group to actually finish one of the early ones. High on my list are some of the pre-PF ones, like Shackled City and Age of Worms, but RotR and Curse of the Crimson Throne both look like a lot of fun, too. If nothing else, I'm slowly building up my library collection of APs :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm very jealous of people running the APs. I run 3.5, but I'd love to have a group to actually finish one of the early ones. High on my list are some of the pre-PF ones, like Shackled City and Age of Worms, but RotR and Curse of the Crimson Throne both look like a lot of fun, too. If nothing else, I'm slowly building up my library collection of APs :)
Did you know that there's a Shackled City hardcover? It's the only one of Paizo's adventure paths to have a compiled volume while still being for 3.5.

GrimCo

Adventurer
There are still people that play it. Friend of mine formed a new group, consisting of him (DM) and other friend who are seasoned PF players and four total ttrpg newbs (3 girls and a guy, all in mid 20s). Girls are having a blast with it from what they told me.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Did you know that there's a Shackled City hardcover? It's the only one of Paizo's adventure paths to have a compiled volume while still being for 3.5.
I do! I bought it when it came out, and in fact that's the only AP I've ever tried to run. I started a game at my FLGS back in the day. We actually got all the way through Jzadirune (chapter 1) and were in the opening stages of chapter 2 when my twins were born. And, well, that was the end of that :D

I remember there was a whole group online who were collaborating on how to embellish the campaign, and they came up with some pretty awesome stuff. One guy had a weekly Cauldron news rag that sometimes incorporated the party's activities...

Remove ads