• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E A bunch of 2e PDFs seem to have bumped up in price

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Today I've noticed that some other PDFs have also gone up in price. The adventures updated in Infinite Staircase and the two Raveloft modules are $6.99 or $7.99. However, you can get (at least for now) the Staircase modules in a bundle.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Yeah, seems like price hikes over most (all?) of the classic titles. I'd have to go back to check my purchases to see how much but it is definitely noticeable

Maccwar

Explorer
In addition to price hikes previous purchasers are no longer automatically entitled to updated scans as had been customary before.

I purchased this a while ago:-

However there is now another listing available:-

Exactly the same book but the new listing looks to be an updated scan with POD available. When I contacted customer support I was told:-

These products are differing versions as opposed to updates. If a product is updated with errata, etc. then it will be automatically updated in your Library, but if a different version is available, then that version must be purchased separately.

Some of my older purchases have been updated several times over the years so it was a shock to see that they now seem to have a different policy in place. If there is a new scan available than this makes me a little unhappy at not getting the new version as the old scan is not very good.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
In addition to price hikes previous purchasers are no longer automatically entitled to updated scans as had been customary before.

Exactly the same book but the new listing looks to be an updated scan with POD available. When I contacted customer support I was told:-

Some of my older purchases have been updated several times over the years so it was a shock to see that they now seem to have a different policy in place. If there is a new scan available than this makes me a little unhappy at not getting the new version as the old scan is not very good.
Profit-mongering marches on. 🙁

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan

That particular product is infuriating. The latter release is a much, much cleaner scan with the booklet and the maps as separate files. But the earlier scrappier, single-file version has the advantage of being OCRed.

Voadam

Legend

These products are differing versions as opposed to updates. If a product is updated with errata, etc. then it will be automatically updated in your Library, but if a different version is available, then that version must be purchased separately.

I would follow up with them once more and point out it is not a differing version such as a different edition or printing of the same book with some differing content (such as the old OD&D stuff with Hobbits, Ents, and Balrogs instead of the later printing version of the same OD&D stuff with Halflings, Treants, and Balors), it is the same book.

Can you download your old version?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

That is unbelievably crappy. I hope you're continuing to argue with them about this, because they're 100% in the wrong.

Maccwar

Explorer
That particular product is infuriating. The latter release is a much, much cleaner scan with the booklet and the maps as separate files. But the earlier scrappier, single-file version has the advantage of being OCRed.

Albeit some of the worst and most garbled OCR you will come across.

I would follow up with them once more and point out it is not a differing version such as a different edition or printing of the same book with some differing content (such as the old OD&D stuff with Hobbits, Ents, and Balrogs instead of the later printing version of the same OD&D stuff with Halflings, Treants, and Balors), it is the same book.

Can you download your old version?

I've messaged them back to clarify my point just in case it was missed. Yes, I can download the old version and it is still available for sale on their site.

Remove ads