• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Ryujin

Legend
Meh. I'm a middle child, I'm comfortable with being ignored.
Some of y'all are getting really worked up over it, though.
As the oldest child, I wish that I could have been ignored. I was the one who had to succeed, for the family's honour. I remember coming home one day with a report card that I was damned proud of; all "A" and "A+", except for one "B" in Phys Ed, of all things. My father took one look at it, pointed at the "B", and then said, "You can do better." That was all he said.

So much of this vitriol and angst could be summed up with "Hey Wizards of the Coast, stop publishing stuff I want! I'm trying to boycott you over here!"
I know my principles would go out the window if they finally did a Minaria setting for D&D as a boxed set with Divine Right included. Or reprinted Gammarauders. Or did a collector's boxed set of all the Tom Wham games that appeared in Dragon over the years. Or came out with an updated Revolt On Antares with more Erol Otus and Jeff Dee art, maybe as a companion to the flagship setting of their new scifi RPG. Heck, they might even get me if they finished TSR's Star Probe/Star Empires trilogy and did a modern printing of all three.

What can I say, I'm weak. :)

Until then, 5e has made it pretty darned easy to avoid temptation altogether.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
That particular brand of self-martyrdom is really tricky. Even if you manage to get most of the nails in yourself, that last one really requires some outside help.

Tasteless joke inspired by a Roman mystery spoof where the protag detective was hired by some guy's wife after the authorities ruled his death by crucifixion had been suicide. It was called the (sic) Crucifiction Caper, but I'm darned if I recall the author and I can't remember the name of the fanzine it was published in.
It was also a joke on The Young Ones back in 1982.

MarkB

Legend
That particular brand of self-martyrdom is really tricky. Even if you manage to get most of the nails in yourself, that last one really requires some outside help.

Tasteless joke inspired by a Roman mystery spoof where the protag detective was hired by some guy's wife after the authorities ruled his death by crucifixion had been suicide. It was called the (sic) Crucifiction Caper, but I'm darned if I recall the author and I can't remember the name of the fanzine it was published in.
The spelling is indeed correct, since the crucifixtion was fictitious.

The spelling is indeed correct, since the crucifixtion was fictitious.
You're crediting them with deliberate wordplay rather than poor proofreading, which I'm not 100% certain was the case. The zine was produced on a dot-matrix printer and the story had multiple spellings of the word throughout...

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
So if there's a spelling error in a display that is probably coming down soon anyway, do you point it out to the person who put it up, or just leave it? (If it was me and it was going to be up a long time I'd want to fix it, but if it's near the end of its life I think I would rather go on obliviously).
I would want to know but took the hint and no one has to feel funny about telling me ;)

I realized a big spelling error in a thread title of mine

Remove ads