• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jamis Buck's NPC Generator skill point question...

Arravis

First Post
I have a question regarding Jamis Buck's NPC Generator. I see that they have added a feature that show's skill points, what I want to know is that on the list of actual skills, are those skill points already spent or do I need to spend them?

For example, I generated an npc with these skills and feats:

Skill points: Bbn 52
Skills and feats: Craft +11, Hide -3, Innuendo +4, Intimidate +6, Intuit direction +14, Jump +23, Listen +12, Move silently +1, Search +8, Spot +13, Swim +16; Alertness, Blind-fight, Combat reflexes, [Power attack], Quick draw.

Are those 52 skill points already spent? Or not yet. Sometimes the numbers don't seem to add up, I know there are many modifiers, so I do suspect that they have already been spent, but I'm not sure. I'm at work at the moment so I don't have my books to double check with to find out.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Got my answer, they are added in already. Thanks!

Last edited:

JamisBuck

First Post
The number is the number of skill points spent by the given NPC, and is provided so that DM's can accurately rearrange/reassign the skills if they want to. If you can find an example where the numbers do not add up correctly, please let me know -- it's probably a bug!

Remove ads