• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Updates: Monstrous Compendium

dave2008

Legend
I don't have Eve of Ruin, so can't compare, but these are awesome no matter what!

A few comments:
- Lolth spellcasting mentions Vecna and the DC seems to be from the Vecna statblock

- Kas vampire lord trait mentions Strahd. Can KAs only transform himself into a bat etc. once per rest?
- Soth's greatsword says "..and the target is wounded 3 necrotic.." ? Can Soth only one of his 1/rest spells, or is it intended to be 1/reast each?
Ugh - I even tried to carefully double-check each statblock before I published them. I will have to get these corrected. I should have sent them to you first!

Pet Peeve: I've never liked Vecna as a full blown deity, espacially not a greater god. How would you adjust him to be a CR25ish demigod (as in Vecna Lives!)?
I quick answer would be to simple remove Vecna's Greater Deity trait and Ascended actions. But that is CR 28, so a bit more work to get to 25+/-

I wasn't happy with Deity Vecna either at first, but he has grown on me.
And how do you do those amazing graphic stat blocks? I must be it-challenged, but I don't undrstand how homebrewery works at all....
It took some getting used to, but I'm getting pretty good at it now and I crank the graphics out quickly. The writing is what takes me time.

Remove ads